One of the main things that you should know about traveling is that you will love every single thing about it. You will not even mind that you are probably walking 10 kilometers a day or that you are so tired at the end of the day. You will be on the high that you saw so many new places and that you ate new food and lived in the moment. You should actually not be worried about getting lost. In fact, get lose on purpose and see where that takes you. Well, as long as you have a phone, you are never truly lost in this world. That is why you should not be afraid to travel the path that is less travelled.
You should undoubtedly wander aimlessly at least one or two days out of your trip. If you have more time in the city that you are in, you should wake up one morning, get ready and just head out with some snacks and some water in your bag. You may end up having the best time, and there is no way to tell. Well, in this guide, I will list out some more tips and tricks for being a savvy traveler.
- When you are leaving your hotel room in the morning, do not put things in your backpack that you do not need. The point is that you do need that extra weight on your back. Be sure to pack some snacks that you like and also some water so that you never have to worry about hunger. You should pack a power bank so that you never run out of battery. You will need this, especially if you are alone.
- You should make sure that you always carry a lock. This will help if you are staying in dorms and if you need to lock up your stuff.
- Make sure that you have made extra copies of your passport. Your passport is the most important thing after money, and you will need that to leave the country that you are in and to go back to your country. Make sure you have copies.
- Make sure that you learn some basic phrases in the language that the people speak wherever you are travelling to. Or just use ‘Google Translate’ when you need to speak to a local.
- Familiarity helps sometimes, but you should not stick to it. If you can handle it, you should make sure that you try all of the local food. It will probably be a refreshing happy thing that you will experience.
- Most cafes and restaurants have Wi-Fi, use it for important things.